SD Myers Courses
Half - Century Transformer Maintenance (3-Day)
Download the 2015 Course Description (pdf)
Download the Registration Form (doc)
This course focuses on maintenance of the insulating system in fluid filled transformers. It provides a foundation for intelligent transformer management, from the
basic design and construction to life expectancy and extension.
WHO IS THIS CLASS GEARED TOWARDS?
Anyone who is responsible for the maintenance of liquid filled transformers including: electrical technicians and engineers, maintenance managers, engineering management, electrical contractors and service companies.
- UPON COMPLETION, YOU WILL...
- Be able to identify transformer design, construction and materials including the core, windings and insulating system
- Be able to identify the purpose of mineral oil dielectric fluids and other electric insulating fluids
- Learn to identify analytical tests for electrical insulating fluids and be able to compare analytical test results to industry standards for new and in-service electrical insulating fluids
- Be able to identify conditions that cause accelerated aging and/or premature transformer failure
- Be able to identify qualitative and quantitative methods for interpretation of dissolved gas analysis of electrical insulating fluid
- Learn the purpose of factory and field electrical tests
- Learn practical maintenance procedures that will extend the life of a transformer and develop an intelligent transformer maintenance plan
Stay tuned for the dates of the next course